- 3G-SDI3G-Serial Digital Interface. Digital video format of 3 Gbps
- 100BASE-TSpecification for a 100 Mb/s. CAT 5 cable.
- 1000BASE-BX10Specification for a 1000 Mb/s point-to-point link over one single-mode optical fiber.
- 1000BASE-LX101000 Mb/s point-to-point link over two single-mode or multimode optical fibers.
- 1000BASE-PX10Specification for a 1000 Mb/s point to multipoint link over one single-mode optical fiber
- 1000BASE-PX20Specification for a 1000 Mb/s point to multipoint link over one single-mode optical fiber with a reach of up to 20 Km.
- 1000BASE-TSpecification for a 1000 Mb/s CSMA/CD local area network using four pairs of Category 5 balanced copper cabling.
- ADDERIt combines two channels into one channel.
- AES 3 SignalProfessional digital audio signal commonly known as AES/EBU.
- AES 3idAES3 (digital audio) transmitted over unbalanced coaxial cable.
- AES/EBUCommonly called to digital audio signal which is defined by AES3 standard.
- AUDIO PRESS SPLITTERAudio Splitter for line level and its distribution in Press rooms.
- AUDIO SPLITTERDevice capable of distributing an audio input signal into several output signals (from 2 to 32 or more)
- BALANCED CONNECTORSConnectors are prepared to work with Balanced Signal.
- BALANCED SIGNALA signal composed of Positive Signal (+), Return Signal (-) and Ground (Shield).
- BALANCERDevice to transform unbalanced signal into balanced signal.
- BANTAMThis connector is intended for audio broadcast and similar professional use. 4.4 mm
- CABLING ACRONYMS
- CAT.5100 BASET, 100 Mbps, 100 MHz
- CAT.5E1000 BASET, 250 Mbps, 100 MHz
- CAT.61000 BASET, 1000 Mbps, 250 MHz.
- CAT.6A10GBASET, 10 Gbps, 500 MHz.
- CAT.7600 MHz
- Category 5100 BASET, 100 Mbps, 100 MHz
- CHROMINANCEThe chrominance signal (represented by C) contains color information of an image.
- CMRRParameter that indicates the capacity of a device for rejecting common mode (noise).
- COAXIAL CABLEA coaxial cable design is a structure in which the conductor is centered within another. Every part of the cable is on the same axis (they are coaxial). They are used for high frequency signals, as video signals.
- COMPONENT VIDEOThis type of signal completely separates color signals Red, Green, Blue and Sync resulting in a better definition for each color channel.
- COMPOSITE VIDEOIt is the signal which combines the chrominance (C) and luminance(Y) along with a sync signal into one cable
- DANTE PROTOCOLDante is a proprietary Network Layer audio transportation protocol developed by Audinate.
- dBThe Decibel is a logarithmic relationship between two numbers.
- dBmA power measurement which is referenced to 1 mW.
- dBSPLIt is a measure init of acoustic sound pressure.
- dBuA voltage measurement referenced to 0.775 V.
- dBVA voltage measurement which is referenced to 1 V.
- dBWA power measurement lik the dBm but referenced to 1 W.
- DECIBELThe decibel (dB) is a logarithmic ratio between two numbers, it compares a value with other reference value.
- DIGI RACKThe Pinanson Digi Rack Box is an interface (creation of the brand) where all the audio signals from the stage converge to the Stage Box of a digital console.
- DURABILITYThe ability of a product to continue operating properly without revision over time maintaining their physical and functional characteristics.
- EMBEDDED AUDIOWhen we talk about embedded audio in a SDI video signal, we refer to the digital audio that is included in the frame of the digital video signal SDI.
- EXTRUDED ALUMINIUMThe aluminium extrusion is mold the aluminium in a particular form and obtain the required aluminium profile. Thus, a SINGLE PIECE with size and shape required is obtained.
- FARADAY SHIELDFaraday Shield between the windings eliminates interwinding capacitances which are very undesirable for some applications.
- F/FTPCable with overall and each pair aluminium foil shield.
- FRFR has several meanins like Flame Retardant, Fire Retardant or Fire Resistant.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSEThis measurement indicates output level of a device which is stimulated with different frequencies (in audio signal from 20Hz up to 20.000 Hz) at a determinate input level.
- FTPFoilded Twisted Par. Aluminium foil shield.
- F/UTPCable with overall aluminium foil shield. Twisted pair without individual shield.
- GROUND LOOPSThe ground potential between one rack and another, or between one point in a building and another, may be different. When two points are connected that do have a potential difference, this causes a ground loop.
- HD-SDIHigh Definition - Serial Digital Interface: Video Signal with standard definition according to SMPTE 292M.
- IMDIntermodulation Distortion: es un test para analizar la distorsión mezcla señales de 60 Hz y 7KHz con una relación de amplitud de 4:1.
- IMPEDANCE MATCHINGIt refers to an impedance matching to optimize an audio system, making output impedance of one driver much lower than the input impedance of receiver.
- IP65IP65: no entry of dust and against jetting water in all directions on the envelope.
- IP66IP66: dust tight and protected against powerfully jetting water
- JACK B-GAUGEThis connector is intended for audio broadcast and similar professional use. It is used with balanced signal and its diameter is ¼’’ or 6.3 mm.
- JACK TRS 1/4''It is a connector for use in general audio application and for balanced signals. 6.3 mm.
- JACK TS 1/4''This connector is for use in general audio application. It is used with unbalanced signal and its diameter is 6.3 mm.
- LINE LEVELProfessional equipments = +4 dBu. Consumer equipment: -10 dBV
- LINE SPLITTERA Line Splitter is an Audio Splitter for line signal.
- LSOHThese initials indicate LOW SMOKE + O (Zero) HALOGENS.
- LSZHThese initials indicate LOW SMOKE + ZERO HALOGENS.
- LUMINANCEThe luminance signal (represented by Y) is black or white or any gray value of an image.
- MICROPHONE LEVELVery low audio level which can be up to -60 dBu = 0.0007 V RMS
- MICROPHONE LEVEL SPLITTERAudio Splitter for distribution of one microphone signal into several identical outputs. They avoid ground loops and damages from Phantom power.
- Mini JACK TRSThis connector is for use in general audio application for balanced signal. 3.5 mm. Also used as headphone output in smartphones or tablets (unbalanced and stereo connection).
- MONO SIGNALA Mono or Monophonic signal is an audio single signal of one channel.
- MULTIMODE FIBREIn multimode fibre the core diameter is big (50 um - 300 um) therefore can travel more light rays. Some of the signal goes straight down the fiber while the rest of the signal bounces off the cladding. This makes for signal dispersion, which limits the bandwidth. This fibre has high(...)
- NETWORKED AUDIONetworked audio is the real-time distribution of uncompressed digital audio signals through Ethernet networks.
- PASSIVE AUDIO SPLITTERAudio splitter which performs the distribution of signal through transformers with no power supply
- RETURN LOSSRL is a measure of the reflected energy from a transmitted signal and is expressed in “dB”, the higher the value, the better.
- RGB SIGNALThe RGB signal is a video signal representing the color Red- Green- Blue , the primary colors of television.
- RoHSRestriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances
- SD-SDIStandard Definition - Serial Digital Interface: Video Signal with standard definition according to SMPTE 259M.
- SEÑAL S-VIDEOS-video requires dual coaxial cable to allow separate transmission of the luminance (Y) and the chrominance (C).
- SF/UTPCable with double overall shield.
- SHIELDINGCable shielding and pair twisting ensures the integrity of the audio and video signal against possible EMI and RFI around the cable.
- SINGLE-MODE FIBREIn single-mode fibre is as a straight shot: the light path is small in diameter (8-10 um), which makes the signal path mostly straight. It used for long distances and high bandwidth.
- SMPTE 259MSMPTE video standard for SD-SDI signal.
- SMPTE 292MSMPTE video standard for HD-SDI signal.
- SMPTE 304It is a standard which define a type of connector for use in the connection between the camera and the CCU for Broadcasting and high definition professional video combining electrical and optical signals (copper and fiber).
- SMPTE 424MSMPTE video standard for 3D-SDI signal.
- SNRSignal-to-noise ratio: is to make a relationship between valid audio and the noise in a signal.
- S/PDIFSony/Philips Digital Interface: digital audio format for consumer equipments. Impedance 75 ohm.
- SPLITTER AUDIO ACTIVOIt is an Audio Splitter which operates through electronic circuit so that it can provide amplified outputs if it is required.
- STEREO SIGNALAudio signal composed of two different audio channels: Left (L) and Right (R).
- STPShielded Twisted Pair. Copper braid shield.
- STRUCTURED CABLINGCable of 4 twisted pairs (shielded or unshielded) for LAN or Audiovisual applications. They are classified in CAT 5, CAT 5e, CAT 6, CAT 6A... and depending on the its shielding: UTP, FTP, F/UTP, F/FTP, SF/UTP...
- THDThird Harmonic Distortion: when the harmonic distortion of a device is tested, the appearance of new frequencies that have been added to the original frequency to be transmitted by a device is measured.
- TRIAXIAL CABLEVideo triaxial cable is used to interconnect professional video cameras to their related equipment.
- TWISTED PAIR CABLEA twisted pair cable comprises two joined insulated conductors forming a twist. These cables can drive balanced lines. A balanced cable (see balanced signal) is a configuration of two electrically identical conductors.
- UNBALANCED CONNECTORSConnectors are prepared to work with unbalanced signal.
- UNBALANCED SIGNALA signal composed of Positive Signal (+), Return Signal + Ground (Shield).
- UTPUnshielded Twisted Pair
- XLR-3XLR connector is a balanced connector for audio signal with 3 pins: Positive Signal, Return Signal and ground.